Home › Job Articles
Job search just
creeping along! Take another approach by taking the bull by the horns
and create something totally different using unique methods.
Strategies that work! They will outperform all commonly used conventional ways of searching for your next opportunity:
(1) Lets say it's been way to long that you have been in the mix out there looking for a job, so make your aggressive tactics proactive. The traditional way is to post your resume, then wait patiently for something to happen. Preferably a lead on a job. But by using unconventional ways to job search, you dictate how things are going to happen through weekly making calls and sending emails. These should be weekly follow-ups with the corporations that you contacted already through e-mail submissions. You want to include all the job openings or future positions you may know about from friends. By completing 5 calls every week, you will increase the results and time it takes to get back a response. And speed up your search dramatically.
(2) Zero in on your target job search and what tactics you will incorporate. Don't lolly gag looking at online postings, because you will waste precious time. Instead, be more specific and follow up on targeted industries, employers, and position you are interested in. Don't apply for anything you see out there. Doing that you will fool yourself into thinking like you are being productive, but such a tactic to job hunting usually doesn't help you attain that position you are looking for. I worked in sales a lot of years and my company that I worked for wanted us on the phone cold calling. I did not like doing that because it doesn't get any business. So I changed my strategies to following the above ideas to my sales position. They somehow worked. I shot out way ahead by a mile of my co-workers because I was targeting not calling blindly out of desperation for luck to hit me.
(3) Job search targets that are aggressive and are consistent: Nothing is going to come to you by not having a prepared plan ahead of time. You have to go get it ahead of everyone else. If you send out 4 resumes in one week, and only 2 in the second week, what will happen. You are definitely not keeping up. Instead be very aggressive and send out 15 resumes in a weeks time, week after week keep on it. This in return should result in a steady flow of job interviews within a couple of months maybe 3 months down the road. Keep sending them out, it will take months to hear something back but when you do, you will see that all that work payed off down the road now that calls have increased dramatically months later. That’s what it is all about in the end. To get calls.
(4) Work it any way you want, searching for a job is a giant numbers game just as it was in my sales position I talked about earlier above. The tactics of bomb barding out your resume to hundreds of potential employers is a huge job all in itself. So that doesn't leave room to target any specific targets you may have. No matter, you do the blast after your targeting has been completed.
(5) If you take advantage of the Internet and the search capabilities offered, you will easily end up spending a lot of dollars, and you will see very little results. The best news, is that many job search techniques are free and many are low-cost. So many consulting agents working with applicants have often stressed that they will supply you with employer names who are hiring so you can contact them. Are you aware you can obtain that exact same type of information for no cost by searching the Internet yourself? You may be very surprised at the information out there on the WWW, maybe you aren't very surprised if you have already found it yourself.
(6) Many of the great items in life don't come to us automatically, most are manually. The power you create by using automation would make job searching a lot easier. You must take advantage of your home personal computer and the Internet tools that are free for you to use and search with, so you can save a lot of personal time during your week. Life is way too short, to spend all your free time searching for job leads. Improve your life's quality by using the automated job search features in any way that you can possibly think of.
(7) Today's job search techniques have a fault, the fault is too much focus on the Job Market that is only visible, or only those jobs most commonly known from outside of any hiring organization. There is this company where my son works, that does hiring by paying a bonus to employees for referrals. My son has helped quite a few of his friends attain a position in this company and by using that process, made a couple hundred in referral bonuses. Three fourths of all the jobs advertised are not in the Visible Job Market outside of the company. A lot of companies prefer to hire from within or interview a referral from a trusted employee. So what can I do now? Tell everyone that you are immediately available. You must want to be very aggressive in your job search, don't be shy. Try to target the Hidden Jobs through contacting friends weekly as much as possible.
Get the job you want now, don't wait for it to come and get you.. Follow all of those job search helpful hints as much and as often possible, by doing this you will definitely shorten your search, at the same time boosting incoming interviews you get in the future.
However, if you have the luxury of
choosing the job that you
want, like for instance jobs in
oil production, telecom, hospitality etc. There is no surefire
that expending all your efforts, you will find the
right job that suits you but focusing your approach to get the
best job to make you happy is an endless battle. First you have to ask
yourself why you would want the job. Is it jealousy because you know
someone else that is doing it and enjoying themselves? That is no
reason you should want that job too. The circumstances and the
of someone else are much different than yours. So their happiness level
will also be quite different from yours too. So, ignore jealousy and
look within yourself to find out what is it that you would
do that would really make you happy.
People can only be happy in a job where they are deeply involved in making their own choices. Getting pleasure from a job cannot be forced on you, you have to ask for it. You will feel happy with the job only when you enjoy doing it. That is the main thing that gives a person fulfillment and joy in their jobs. So if you feel emotionally connected to a great job or not, whether you are being appreciated and rewarded by your employer, whether your co workers at the company create a great atmosphere to work in, it also depends on whether your compensation, perks and benefits. Still all of this to some degree benchmarks whether you are happy at your current job position.
Complete a skills and competencies test. Identify the kind of lifetime job that matches your capabilities. Once that test is complete, only about half your work is complete. Believe me, it is a huge task. People really don't know for years what they really would like to do to make them happy. Once you have completed that daunting task, the bulk of the work is done. Based on the results, you can start searching for jobs in that area of interest and narrow it down to a certain position. If you were honest in making your job choice, then all it takes is one more step in finding the right position in the workforce that will give you happiness.
Most of the time the perfect job will be a combination of some, if not all, of the above-mentioned points. A person who is fortunate to find a job that offers all these can say they are happy in their job. You probably won't even have to say it, your face will tell all who meet you.
Job articles 4:
Job articles 5:
job searching is the easiest to do by far. Job search engines are great
websites that accommodates job hunting.
Those sites are most commonly known to be job boards and will range
from a very large
scale to say, niche only job boards. All categories like
engineering, also legal, social work, insurance,
and most seasonal job positions are all available with the click of a
Users can upload their own resume and also submit their resume to many
employers, at the same time employers post jobs and also
With job searching online, you are capable of managing your time better applying to different companies in a single setting while you sit at the computer. Here's a couple items for you to familiarize yourself with dealing with online type job search including applying for certain jobs online using the internet.
The first step you need to know for finding jobs online would be write your resume and be prepared to complete a job application. What job you are looking for, will determine what you need. So create your resume and also a nice cover letter.
Second thing to accomplish is to make use of job searching engines to help you search at all top of the line job banks, also company sites, or online daily newspapers. Many job searching engine websites are available that will help you search for job sites that present to you all the new job listings.
Third is to look for an online website that gives you a very reliable range of categorized jobs, that you should be able to pick from easily.
Last, is you are able to apply immediately through an online application. Their online application would be the easiest and less difficult way to quickly apply. Once you fill out the online application form you will have to wait for the call from an interviewer for your next instructions of your online job application process. Always do give out your phone number correctly so they are able to contact you at anytime. And you always have the option of performing a regular check at random from a job search website to help you check on the current status for your own application.
Applying from job searching websites is very beneficial for the effort and time dedicated to it. It will have a distinct advantage over say, walking in and applying. The speed o processing it, also its convenience, and also immediate research technology are there for you to take advantage of.
You can enter the job position you're looking for, you can perform an overwhelmingly exhaustive and exact search in just seconds, you can also apply for that job position immediately.
You no longer have to play the game of waiting for the local newspaper to apply for a certain job. The Internet can be a great global tool, locating vacancies quickly and also internationally plus your own hometown location. This tool is unlimited in its use. A very helpful and ingenious program, that lets you dictate what job type you are looking for, the job description, what location you want to search, plus any specific requirements you are looking for. This is really a high tech development way of finding job openings. So easy. Search jobs online, with the speed of light.
(end of Job Articles)Now go to my resume download pages, download, and (save) it to your desktop. Backspace my information, and edit with your own.